Ok, I understand
Cookie Notice: This site uses cookies. For more information, please see our privacy policy.
Skip to main content

Latest News

4 January 2021

Hello everyone,

I'm sure most of you will have been watching the prime minister's address this evening.

The country is moving into a national lockdown with immediate effect and despite our efforts to keep the club open, unfortunately it must now close with no more bowling effective tomorrow.

It certainly looks like this lockdown will be in place for quite some time but we will be following developments and keep you advised of any changes. 

It is my understanding that elite sport will continue to take place although I'm sure this will be confirmed one way or another in the coming few days. If it can continue then the World Indoor Bowls Championships may still commence from Potters Resort this Friday through to 24 January. The BBC are due to cover the final week of the championships but Youtube will be showing matches from day 1. In particular you might be interested to know that a local bowler, Andy Walters, is competing in the mens singles and mens pairs. His pairs match is scheduled for Friday 8 January pm and his first round singles game (v the number 3 seed!!) is scheduled for Wednesday 13 January pm. So, although we can't play, we can watch and see how much we still have to learn!! The full schedule can be found at the following link.

World Indoor Bowls Championships | Potters Resort (pottersholidays.com)

In the meantime, follow the guidelines, stay safe and keep in touch with each other and the club.

Very best wishes,

Paul